YIELD: Makes two portions
FOR BOTH FLAVOURS
- Approx 150g/3 cups of Padron peppers
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
FOR THE CHILLI GARLIC FLAVOUR
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 lemon wedges (optional)
- Firstly, wash the peppers and dry them off with a towel.
- Heat up a large frying pan to a high heat.
- Drizzle the olive oil to the pan.
- Add the peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes until they are all blistered, ensuring you stir continuously.
- Remove from the heat once cooked.
- Sprinkle the sea salt and pepper over the peppers, ensuring you stir them.
- Remove half the peppers from the pan and put them on a a plate to serve.
- Stir the garlic and chilli into the remaining peppers.
- Remove the chilli garlic peppers from the pan and add them to the plate to serve.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- Get your tapas on!!
They taste AMAZING with the lemon squeezed over them, so I really do recommend this!