- 80g - 100g of soba noodles (100% buckwheat variety)
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned or grated
- 2 spring/salad onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 150g/1 cup mixed sprouted beans
- 3 inches of cucumber, peeled and julienned or grated, discarding the soft seeded centre
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3 heaped tsp light tahini
- 1 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 5 tsp tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup water
- Boil the noodles for 5-6 minutes, transfer to a colander/sieve and run under cold water for about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Julienne the carrots, and cucumber and add to the bowl.
- Add the sprouted beans to the bowl.
- Slice the spring onions and add to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together in a small bowl or cup and whisk with a fork until creamy and completely mixed.
- Spoon some dressing onto the salad and devour!!
How simple was that?!!
**A BRIEF NOTE ABOUT HOW TO JULIENNE**
I use a julienne peeler like the one below, which was dead cheap from a Chinese supermarket, but you will be able to pick one up cheaply online I imagine. If you don't have one and have no inclination to purchase one, then you can just grate the vegetables instead.
I just bought these ones, however it is easy to make your own. Learn how to here!