It really is one of the easiest things to make, and I know I pretty much say that about every recipe on here, but there you go. I don't believe in over complicating things. Good food should be simple to make and amazing tasting, and this green olive tapenade is no exception.
YIELD: APPROX 1/2 CUP
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: A POWERFUL JUG BLENDER
- 1.5 cups pitted green olives (the in brine variety)
- 1 cup of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp of the brine that the olives came in
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Put all the ingredients in the blender
- Pulse for about 30-45 seconds until everything is all mixed together in paste form
- Serve and enjoy!
The taste is super fresh and light and I love it just how it is, however you could add a teaspoon of capers if you wanted, or maybe a couple of sun-dried tomatoes if you wanted to make the flavour a little richer.
If covered, it should last in the fridge for about 4 days, however mine never usually lasts longer than a day (because I eat it all up!)