Have you ever wondered what the hell to do with one of these?!?!
So, this begs the question, 'What is celeriac and what did I make with mine?' Well, enquiring young vegenauts, this is how it is...
Celeriac is a root vegetable, it comes from a variety of celery which has a knobbly, brain like white exterior, and has a nutty very mild celery flavour. You can boil it, bake it, roast it or mash it, but here is what I did with it:
YIELD: 2 portions (using one medium sized celeriac)
- 1 celeriac, peeled and chopped into chips/fries (I used a jazzy corrugated knife to make mine crinkle cut, how cool am I?! You can buy one here)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Pinch of white pepper
- Pinch of dried mixed herbs
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees celcius
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spread the raw fries onto the lined baking sheet
- Drizzle the oil over the fries and sprinkle the seasonings
- Mix together thoroughly
- Cook for 35-40 minutes, or until they are golden, ensuring you stir them halfway through cooking.
That's it! How easy was that?! Not such a threatening vegetable afterall. Go on, give celeriac a chance! It may be ugly, but that doesn't mean it isn't beautiful (tasting) inside!
Serve with your favourite condiment as an awesome snack.
Peace, love and veggies xxx